Popular Posts

Monday, January 30, 2012

Making Moves Monday

Lets back track to Saturday evening.

Greg and I got dressed up and headed out to dinner for our 5 year anniversary. We went to a restaurant called Burdicks. Its also a chocolate shop with stores in Walpole, New Hampshire and Harvard sq in Cambridge. Burdicks

The store in Cambridge doesn’t have a restaurant attached to it so it’s a nice treat to be able to go home and experience their fine dining. I ordered a salad and the Sole as my entrĂ©e while greg went with a salad and Lamb. We didn’t take any pictures although we talked about it. We seemed a little silly busting out our cameras in such a nice restaurant.

Our dinner was delicious and we were surprised at how much cheaper it was than Boston. Still great quality, just without the hefty price tag.

No dinner, or lunch, or brunch at Burdicks would be completet without dessert. I was honestly completely stuffed and even made Greg finish my dinner, but I ordered their dark chocolate hot chocolate as my dessert anyways. I took about 5 sips of the rich chocolate drink before I decided I needed to take it home and asked for a to-go cup. They said this happens often and they often suggest taking it home to be enjoyed. 

After our delicious meal I was stuffed and sleepy so Greg dropped me off at home and I proceeded to go read and relax in bed, while he met his dad and a friend for a beer. 

Sunday morning was 8 mile run, the “long run” of the week. I got up at 6:45 with plans of getting out the door by 730. I thought about running in Chester, but decided against it and ran from my house. I mapped out 4 miles out and back, bringing me into the next town over. We don’t have sidewalks (helllllo tiny VT town) so I ran along the side of the road. 

The first 4 miles felt awesome, I was holding a pace around 8:50s and the rolling hills were feeling good. As I started to head home, the last 3 miles the wind picked up and was freeeezing. It was around 22-23 degrees when I left my house at 7:30 and I’m sure the wind chill was much colder.

I finally made it home, slightly frozen, but happy with my run overall. I’m happy to say I did every single run on my training plan this week and hope to continue this pattern.

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with my sister and mom and then later sledding with my sister, her boyfriend, my brother and his girlfriend. Such fun! Such icy fun! We needed more snow, but we made due with what we had.

Today was a strength day, but no running. Here is this coming week in terms of Marathon Training
Monday: strength/rest  
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday : 3 miles and spin
Friday: rest/yoga
Sat: 5 miles
Sunday: 10 miles.
Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment