Popular Posts

Saturday, January 28, 2012

VT weekend


Last night Greg and I headed home to VT after work. 

It had been a busy and slightly stressful day yesterday so I’m happy it ended on a good note.

I went to the doctors on Thursday and was told I needed a full blood workup done since I hadn’t had one in years! I couldn’t do it Thursday because I had eaten breakfast and a snack by the time my 930 appointment rolled around so they wanted me to come in Friday.

This was fine, except I had clients from 730am until 12. I was thinking of just waititng and going on Monday but my doc seemed pretty intent that I have it done Fri. 

Doing so meant that I had to fast until my blood-work since they were doing cholesterol and sugar. I wasn’t allowed to eat until 12. I was STARVING!!! It didn’t help that I usual have to show or demonstrate many of the exercises I want my clients to do. This may not seem like much since I usually only do 1 or 2 for show, but on an empty belly its terrible. 

Thankfully yesterday was a rest day in my marathon training, so I didn’t need to run or cross train. I had planned to go to yoga at some point, but quickly scratched that idea with the fear I would pass out from hunger.

I tried to drink some tea when I first got to work, but it just made me nauseous without anything else in my stomach. I somehow manged until 12 but the first thing I told the lab tech when I got to the doctors was that I was starving and that the noise she was hearing was my stomach. Woops.

All is well now, she took my blood and then I headed over to Darwins ltd for a sandwich. Thank goodness I didn’t know anyone in the café because I don’t think I have ever eaten so fast in my life. I odered a sanwhich with humus, mustard, avocado, carrots, sprouts, and tomatoes. It was delicious! Try it, great flavor combination!

Now I am home in VT.  I did my 5 mile training run this morning and then went and got a haircut with  my sister Justine. 

We plan on relaxing at home for the rest of the day. My sister and her boyfriend are home, along with my brother and his girlfriend. It’s a full house, but oh so much fun!

Greg is home too and he and I are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! Time flies when your having fun!

I’ll report more on that tomorrow! Hopefully with some cute pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment