Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Not a treadmill girl.




This morning I drove my roommate, Matts car to work. I had early morning clients starting at 5:45am. The temp was 9 degrees…with a wind chill of -5. Usually I bike or run the 1.3 miles to work, but not this morning. Too cold! I came home around 8, grabbed my bike and went back to my 9am client. By then it had warmed up a few degrees so biking wasn’t as terrible. I also didn't want to keep feeding the meter all morning and afternoon so I needed to bring Matts car back home.

In between my 9 and 11am clients I decided to hit the treadmill. I wanted to run, and I also wanted to have feeling in my hands and feet during my run. This lead me to the terrible treadmill machine. I am an awful treadmill runner. I can’t help it. I’m awkward on a treadmill and I never find my comfortable pace. I end up playing with the incline and speed too much and never find a rhythm.

I busted out 4 miles, I wanted to do 5 but I seriously could not have taken another step on that thing! I know some runner love the treadmill. For you runner who love it -   I am impressed by you. I just cant find my treadmill groove. I think the last time I ran on the treadmill was over 8 months ago and the only reason why I ran then was because I was next to another trainer and afraid to look like a wimp.

Let me outside and I’ll bust out miles after miles. Stick me on the treadmill and I’ll be lucky to manage a mile or two. Lets hope there are not too many freezing cold days on tap for my marathon training.

In other news, I read today that it was the birthday of the worlds oldest twins. They turned 102 today. I now have a new goal for my twin sister Justine and I..103 years old. Winning.

Sorry I don't have much more to chatter about, its be a coooold two days here. Time to warm up and relax for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment