Popular Posts

Monday, January 16, 2012

One week




One week until Marathon training starts!! This may seem crazy but I am soo soo excited to start my training.  I love running and I love structure. Thank you marathon training for combining both of these for me! I'll be sure to post my training and the good, the bad, and the ugly of it all!

Greg was in Utah all weekend so Sat I spent working and running errands and Sunday I spent relaxing. Sat I did managed to get over to Davis Sq to see Gregs aunt for lunch. It was great to see her and it was a delicious lunch. Carrot ginger soup with cranberry nut bread. Mmmm. Chocolate chip cookies for desert. I like lunch dates!!

I stopped by the Star Market in Davis on my way home and found that they have new flavors of Chobani yogurt. I grabbed the passion fruit and the blood orange. I didn't really like the passion fruit, but  I’m really into the blood orange flavor.

I’ve had a bit of a sore throat so I’m trying to lay low for the next few days so I can start training on a healthy note.

I made chicken and sausage gumbo in the slow cooker last night for dinner. I haven’t made much in the slow cooker in the past, but it was so fast and easy that I was embarrassed I hadn’t given it more of an effort. This is the recipe below. I found it on foodnetwork.com I thought it was really good. I served it with rice. It was spicy and filling. Just what we needed on a cold night in Boston.

Happy MLK day! I spent today working. I planned to run, but I decided on a spin class instead. Tonight I made mustard baked fish, potatoes, and brussel sprouts. I looooove Brussel sprouts. I could eat them every day. 

Happy Monday everyone! Quick post for today, I need to get a few more things done before bed and a busy day tomorrow.

I hope a few of you were lunch enough to have the day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment