Popular Posts

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Cherry Blossom 10 mile lessons

Hey everyone!! Im back, I know I took a solid 3 months off from blogging, but here I am again!

Last weekend I ran the Cherry Blossom 10 miler! It was one of my best races EVER! Since discovering I have Celiacs I've had a hard time with pre-race nutrition. I wish I could tell you I had a strict diet I followed pre-race, but usually it was in the form of watr and lots of teddy grahms the day before...

This race was different, I knew I wasnt going to fly to DC not to really put my all into this race. I wasnt going to make excuses for not trying and then not doing well. I was in this for the RACE!

Since Imsure everyone is wondering( oratleast wishing I would get to the point) I dd PR!!! I big shiny PR
NAME: ALEXANDRA BRYAR
EVENT: Ten Mile Run
DATE: April 7, 2013
BIB/DIV:   6794 / F 25-29
TIME: 1:30:00 (gun) / 1:21:47 (net)
Result in Entire Field - 3344th place
14148 finishers behind. 19% of finishers ahead.
Result in Gender (Women) - 994th place
9290 finishers behind. 10% of finishers ahead.
Result in Division (F 25-29) - 322nd place
2485 finishers behind. 11% of finishers ahead.
LEGEND
The location of the figure on the line shows your position in the finish order of the race. The closer the figure is to the right, the closer you were to the winner.
FACTS
Who's who
Of the 17492 who finished, 59% were Women and 41% were Men.

Opposite Sex
For the record, you were ahead of about 67% of men runners.

Timing Info
Your start delay: 8m 13s.
This page based on NET
times -
  click images for GUN times.

 During the Second Half 
You passed
469
runners
And
98
passed you
http://www.runpix.info/arace8/00/chy13/ge.php


While i was running I was thinking of all of the lessons about running I learned during this race,so here are a couple I thought I would share

1) Bring layers. Just because the weather forecast calls for54 in the am and warming up to 71 don't assume its correct. it was 42 at the race start and I was freezing. I had planned to wear capris, a tank and arm sleeves but right before the start and ended up pulling a zip-up out of my checked bag and wearing it until mile 8. At mile 8 I decided to pitch the zip up, which I had been wearing  unzipped the entire race. Thats one purple zip up Ill never seen again. So PACK EXTRA LAYERS!

2) Pack a little something you know you like in your checked bag for after the race. Since I cant eat most of the post-race offerings,  I brought a protein bar I knew I could eat after. Most races offer bagels and bananas after races. The cherry blossom offered muffins which I heard were delicious, but I was happy I thought ahead!

3) Just because you had friends running the same race, dont assume you can run with them. I had thought about running with a friend of mine who lives in DC for the10 miles. I chickened out at the last minute and didnt ask her to run with me. Thank goodness!! She kicked some major major running booty and I am pretty sure I would have slowed her down,and possibly thrown up from trying to keep up! RUN YOUR OWN RACE!

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=b925a46289&view=att&th=13de987f5999b32c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1431694066356060160-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8TcxCs56uXKlEE2KXZdWfT&sadet=1365943968931&sads=PgRiwaTHp8rQKzaU_AVsBG9vnXU

Have a great day everyone, Im off to make breakfast, head to the Boston Marathon Expo,and train a client.

No comments:

Post a Comment