Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sunday and Monday


Sunday and Monday recap
Shadow skills!

It is has very busy in my life the past few days. I am starting to approach grad school deadlines so there has been a lot of essay writing and organization of additional information lately. Stressful, but I know it will all be worth it in the end…. Or at least in May when (cross fingers) I’ll be enrolled in a DPT program! Can’t wait!!

Sunday was a great day. I woke up early and headed out the door for a long run with Stacy. I had looked at the weather before heading out and it said 38. I didn’t bother to look at how fast it was supposed to warm up into the 50s and 60s. Needless to say, I was waaaay overdressed. Woops. I managed to take off my gloves and stuff them into the pocket of my vest to cool off around mile 3. That’s right; I had on capris, a tank, underarmour l/s shirt, and a vest. I was also wearing ear warmers and gloves. Not necessary. I was pretty warm during our run. We covered a little fewer than 7 together, exploring Arlington and the Tuffs area. It was a beautiful day and the leaves were gorgeous.  Between the miles we covered together and the miles I ran getting to our meeting spot and getting home, I ended up running around 9.5. It felt great! I know, I know, what about the “I’m not running more than 6 miles at a time this month” Well, it was way to pretty out not to enjoy the foliage and the unseasonably warm temperatures.

I had clients after my run so I showered as fast as I could and headed over to the gym. I bought the compression sleeves for your legs from City Sports a while ago and figured a long run paired with a few hours on my feet immediately after would be the perfect time to try them out. I LOVED them! I have the hot pink color and although no one saw them because I was wearing pants, they made me happy for the entire day! I highly recommend them. They are a little expensive, but I think they are completely worth it. I made Greg and Matt try them on later! No pictures…it’s bad enough I wrote this!

After my clients I spent a few hours working on essays for grad school then convinced Greg I needed to go for a walk into Harvard. I ended up doing a little retail therapy at Gap and was in a much better mood by the time we go home! Retail therapy works! I am a firm believer, my bank account however would prefer I find other ways to relieve my stress.
Yesterday was busy as well, clients and lots of writing. The highlight of the day was running with Greg in the morning (It was Monday after all and we agreed to Monday and Wed morning runs!) and going out for tapas in Union sq for dinner. I had a buywithme that was good for four tapas and an entrée. It was a TON of food. We had bbq pork, grilled shrimp, squid, and shrimp cakes for our tapas and a chicken curry dish for our entrée. I was completely stuffed and would have been fine on just the tapas but I managed to save some room to try the curry. Very good! I recommend trying something new every once in a while! I was pretty stressed yesterday and I was afraid going out to dinner would just add to my stress, but Greg was right in suggesting we go. It was just what I needed to take my mind of things for an hour or so.
Not our dog, but the picture is pretty cute!


Today is more of the same. Sense a pattern here? I think this will be my life for the next few weeks, with a small break for massive food consumption on Thanksgiving. Clients early this morning, now it’s back to writing and GRE studying. I’ll enjoy my break later when I get to run with Stacy! Thank goodness for the simple things in life!
Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment