Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Regroup

After going to the doctors yesterday morning I was told that most likely I had torn a muscle. She couldn't really explain HOW I did it, but thought that maybe sneezing? Watch out everyone, sneezing can be dangerous! The swelling seems to have gone down a bit, although I do have some swelling in my back and chest as well which still seems strange to me. Anyhow, since I haven't ran since last Fri I spent much of my morning during clients thinking about the races I wanted to do in 2012. I came up with the Charleston half marathon Jan 12th, something fun in Florida in Feb and maybe the Rock N Roll half in DC in March. This made the fact that I can't run until next week ( or whenever the swelling is gone) a little easier to handle. I decided I would take much of Nov off from long runs. Classified as anything over 6 miles, so my body can rest and heal. I'll start logging miles again in Dec. I know, it seems like a cold, snowy time to start my long runs again, but I'm pretty sure I run faster when its cold. Perhaps I just want to be done and that speeds me up.

Since today is the 1st of Nov its officially one of the best days of the year! The day when all of the Halloween candy is half price! I realize that in my profession as a personal trainer, and as a runner this does not seem like it would be one of my favorite days... but I have a huge sweet tooth.  I'm not afraid to admit that I was more than a little disappointed that we actually had trick-or-treaters last night and only had two pieces of candy left. I hope they liked the mini snickers and 3 musketeers.

We never got a pumpkin this year. Halloween seemed to sneak up on us and we never really got our act together to carve pumpkins of make many pumpkin treats. I am still thinking of going and getting a pumpkin today if only so I can bake pumpkin seeds. Pathetic, but true. i may also still make pumpkin treats and just consider them practice for next year. Either way I am happy to welcome November!

Anyone have any good recipes for pumpkin treats (healthy-ish)? i.e cookies, bread, ect...

No comments:

Post a Comment