Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My own practice


Happy Tuesday

Today was a great day. No studying. No GRE’s. No grad school applications.
I had a few clients this morning and was thinking before I headed out to work early this morning that I would love to be able to fit in Yoga today over at Prana Yoga. Unfortunately nothing fit in my schedule…until I got a cancellation. Don’t get me wrong, I feel bad my client was sick, but it did leave me time for a hot yoga class with music!

I am not great at yoga. I go, not because I feel great while doing yoga, but because I almost always feel better AFTER. The class was challenging today. There were sequences of poses that I definitely struggled with. The girl next to me was awesome at yoga. She was doing head stands, and full crow, and some crazy thing where she balanced on her side. I was impressed.

 I had to keep reminding myself “stay in your own practice”. It worked. I was sweating and working hard the entire time. By no means would I say I am particularly “good” at yoga, but I think it’s important to my mental and physical health that I incorporate yoga into my life. Graceful, or not!

I had a few more clients and then went for a 4 mile run with Stacy! It was a great break to my busy day. We run towards memorial drive and then through Cambridge a bit. It was fun, and a little change from where we normally run during the week. Yay!

This evening Greg made dinner (thank you!) and I made pumpkin chocolate chip bars. They are still cooling so I have no idea if they are good or not, but I will be sure to report back tomorrow.

I am excited for Thursday. I am running my first Turkey Trot and then I get to eat lots of great food!
I love running and I love Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment