Popular Posts

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stress cleaner



I didn’t go to yoga yesterday like I said I would. I had every intention of going, and then I had every intention of getting a yoga dvd from the library but alas, I failed at both. Ugh, one of these Fridays I will pull myself together enough to go to yoga. I may just have to order a yoga DVD to have at home so I really don't have any excuses.


On a side note about yesterday I discovered something about myself which I am sure everyone in my family already knows, I am a stress cleaner.

I spent a solid 2 hours yesterday cleaning everything. I  washed dishes, scrubbed and swept the floors, cleaned the bathroom, did laundry, and cleaned off all of the wooden tables and accessories in the apartment. I actually really enjoyed it and felt o-so-much better when I was done. Sometimes cleaning can be very cathartic.I've been pretty stressed the last few days so I was in need of some outlet for my built up tension.

Last night Greg, Matt, and I headed out to dinner  to the Thirsty Scholar. Its been a few months since we have been there for dinner and we were pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good. I ordered the thirsty scholar salad that had chicken, steak tips, spinach, and peppers. It was really good, but it was waaaaaay more than I could eat. I would get it again, but maybe split it with someone.

This morning I babysat and then had a 6 mile run on the schedule. I met Stacy and one of her friends in Central after babysitting and ran 3 miles into Davis sq with them, and then ran around in Davis a bit before heading back into Central. I Google mapped it and I guess it ended up being 6.8 miles. I’ll be happy when I get my Garmin back. I'm not opposed to running a little extra, but it will help me figure out my pace once I can check in with my watch.

I spent most of the afternoon studying for physics while Greg took a nap. He wasn’t feeling well and was complaining of a sore throat. After studying for a few hours we headed to Trader Joes where I proceeded to feel sick. Ugh. I feel better now, but I plan on going to bed early tonight. I cant afford to get sick before my exam on Tuesday.

I made pasta for dinner because my stomach was still a little wonky and I needed the carbs for my 12 miler tomorrow. After my run, I think tomorrow will be spent much like today….with physics. Yuck. 

Hopefully a good nights rest will make both Greg and I feel better. On that note, I’m off to relax before heading to bed earlier than most elementary school children.

No comments:

Post a Comment