Popular Posts

Friday, February 17, 2012

Lesson of The Week


Sometimes things don’t go as planned. This is the lesson I’m taking with me this week. I don’t think every week needs a lesson, but I am happy to oblige when one comes around.

After my Garmin broke on Tuesday I knew google pedometer would become my new best friend. I usually have a rough estimate of where I am going to go and how far it is, but without my watch I’m lost at exact distances. 

I mapped about a 4ish mile run yesterday to do after I taught spin. I thought the transition from spin to running would destroy me, but it didn’t feel bad. Again, I could have been running 10 min miles for all I know but it felt semi-speedy. I finished feeling good and happy. 

I like the feeling of spinning then running. I dont usually do the workout as hard as I teach it. I tend not to increase as much as I instruct the class too, more because I need to be able to talk and yell and I don't want my legs to fall off then I try to run after. Its great cross training and endurance training though.

 I ran a route that I usually avoid when its cold because it crosses two bridges that go over the Charles River but I felt the need to push myself a little and risk freezing. It was only 30 degrees. I didn’t freeze. In fact, I felt warm by the time the run was over. Thank you Craft running pants with fleece liner!

I spent most of yesterday with clients and finishing my physics lab that was due. The fun never ends huh?

Last night was family dinner. I feel like I say this every week but I really love family dinner. Its so nice to see everyone and we always have stories to share. Last night was our friend Adam and his roommate Kates turn to host and cook. Pizza was on the menu and it was fantastic! Adam said he picked up the dough from Trader Joes. I was suprised by how good it was. The next time we make pizza if I decide not to make my own dough I’ll definitely head to Trader Joes! 

I brought over dessert. Mini brownies, raspberry tarts and macaroons. I didn’t make any of them but I figured it was a good mix depending what people were in the mood for. I thought I liked macaroons but I wasn’t such a fan of the ones I picked up at the store last night. I may try to make my own sometime and see if I like them any better.

I have a few more clients today and I will be sure to fit in an easy run with Stacy ( I haven't seen her all week!) I also am going to make it my mission to go to yoga. No excuses. Play like a champion!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have fun weekend plans… I think I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment