Popular Posts

Monday, February 27, 2012

Return Of The Garmin


Today was a much better day in terms of sinus pressure than yesterday.

I headed to bed early last night and felt decent when I woke up around 5. I still have some remaining pressure from my sinuses but I’ve been taking Sudafed which seems to help.

I ordered new shoes last night because my current shoes (Brooks) although very nice and cushony cause a lot of stress and strain on my calves. I’m sure this is because they are pretty minimalist, but I just cant seem to find a groove in them.

 I ordered a pair of Saucony Kinvara 2s . I’ve had two other pairs of these and loved them so I’m going back to them. Wed should be the day I get them, in hopes that I can use them in the Black Cat 10 miler this weekend!

In other news, my new Garmin came in the mail on Saturday! Just in time for Hyannis! I’m pretty excited to have it back, although it was nice to run without thinking about my time and distance.

Today was supposed to be a rest day but since I felt so crummy yesterday and missed my 7 mile run on Sat I decided to run today. I busted out 8.3 miles. It felt pretty good I was tired but happy to be moving! Again, my calves were pretty tight so I’ll be extra happy when my new shoes come!!

Tonight Greg and I needed to use up a Buywithme and headed out to Elephant Walk in Porter for a nice Monday date night. It was great. We have been to the Elephant Walk many times before, it’s always been great food and today was no different.

We started the night down at the bar where we each grabbed a drink while we waited for a table to open up. We then headed upstairs for a great curried dinner.

We are now relaxing and watching a little TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment