Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Will run for chocolate.



Greg and I came back to Boston last night. It was an uneventful drive with much less traffic than we had anticipated.

I planned to wake up yesterday morning and go for a nice long run. I was thinking at least 6 miles. This was a great idea, but once I got outside I realized how slippery the roads were and shortened my run to 3.5 really hilly miles. Good enough.

I spent yesterday morning/afternoon in Manchester VT with my mom, sister, and my sisters boyfriend. We shopped and had a late breakfast. I didn’t get much, but that was okay since I really didn’t need much after Christmas. I bought 2 shirts and a sweater, for a total of around 30 bucks. Can’t beat those prices for Gap and Banana Republic.

Last night when Greg and I came back to Boston we made some steak tips we picked up at a local grocery store near us in VT and then plunked down on the coach for a viewing of Top Chef. Perfect way to end the day.

This morning I got my butt in gear in terms of exercise. I subbed a spin class, had a client, and then went for a 6.5 mile run with Stacy. It’s nice because she doesn’t have to work at all this week so we can run for longer and at random times. It’s nice. I think I definitely deserve my hot chocolate with mini marshmallows that's on the menu as soon as I’m done writing this.

Tomorrow is another busy day, but it’s nice that it’s a shorter work week. I was just talking with my roommate Matt who is running the Vermont City Marathon with me in May and we realized that we start out 18 week programs the end of Jan! I sort of knew it was coming, but seeing the date made it real.

I also signed up for the Hyannis Half Marathon in Feb. Should be a cold, good time!
Happy Tuesday everyone. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment