Popular Posts

Monday, April 30, 2012

Who doesnt love cupcakes?


Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Lets start off on a fun happy note and talk about this beautiful weekend we just had in Boston! It wasn’t all that warm, but it was really sunny and pretty!

Saturday I worked all morning and then headed home to get Greg before heading into Harvard. We grabbed lunch and then each went our separate ways to get haircuts! I have side bangs now!! Whooo hooo. I love them. I would post a picture but I am currently in the market for a new camera, so as soon as that purchase is made I promise there will be more photos on this blog!

After my hair cut I walked back home. Greg was already home because his hair takes aprox 5 min to cut whereas I was in the salon for about 45 min. On my way home I walked through Harvard yard and ya know what they have in Harvard yard on the weekends?? Food trucks! Kickass cupcakes food trucks to be more specific! I stopped and got 3. A key lime pie, a chocolate chip cookie dough, and a cupcake they called “The town”. I asked what was in “the town” and they told me it was a vanilla cupcake with cream inside flavored with Jack Daniels and then a chocolate Bailys whip cream. I knew I had to get it because I figured my wonderful boyfriend who doesn’t really like sweets would NEVER be able to turn down a cupcake with Jack Daniels in it….well, he kind of did turn it down but I will try again soon to convert him! Regardless, Kickass cupcakes are FANTASTIC!! They are small enough that you don’t feel totally sick after eating one, and their flavor options are great. They have your typical chocolate and vanilla, but also tropical and savory flavors as well. If you are in Harvard, or Davis sq you need to try these cupcakes! Totally worth it!

That evening we met up with an old high school friend and his brother for some thin crust pizza and potential candle pin bowling in Davis sq. The pizza part happened, but the bowling didn’t. It was super busy and we had our names on the “wait list” for about an hour and 45 min before we headed home. It was still a great time, and so nice to catch up! Sometimes even when you live in the same city it can be hard to find time to meet up and it’s always worth it when you do.

Sunday was a lower key day. Greg and I woke up and went and grabbed brunch before heading over to Southie to help a friend move into her new apartment. Its beautiful and she is right on the water in Southie. I foresee many summer days spent over that way!

The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping and doing laundry. Typical Sunday things! I even planted some basil and other herbs my dad bought me when he was here last week. I can’t wait to see the progress of my plants!

That’s all I have for today. I can’t wait to start running again! Hopefully soon! I’ve been looking at races and trying to find some summer/fall fun to register for.

As for the Vermont City Marathon, I really have no idea what I am going to do for it. I thought about doing the walk a mile run a mile thing for the 26.2 but I won’t really know how my body is going to handle getting back into running until the end of this week at the earliest. We shall see.  I am keeping an open mind and trying not to be too bummed out that my running shoes have been neglected for almost 2.5 weeks.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment