Popular Posts

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Update


Yesterday I woke up early thinking I would run a few of my planned 7 before I headed out the door to babysit and then train clients. 

This didn’t happen. It was cold, windy, and snowing a bit so I decided to take my time and just head over to babysit at 8 without running first. I babysat until 10:30 and then trained clients 11-3. 

Once I was done with clients I got ready and headed out for 7 miles. I was restless and couldn't figure out where I wanted to run or what I wanted to do, plus my garmin kept reading “lap error” every few feet. Around mile 4.5 I figured I would head back into Central and finish my run on the dreadmill.

This was not ideal, but I just wasn’t feeling any particular route. It worked out in the end because as luck would have it The Voice was on TV which made the remaining 1.5 miles fly by!

This morning I woke up at 6:15 after losing an hour due to Daylight Savings Time. I ate some toast and peanut butter, charged my garmin and Ipod, mapped out my route and was off to conjure 15 miles by 7am. I ran them slow staying in the 9:40 range since that’s the pace I want to keep for the marathon, if not a little slower. 

My legs were pretty tired and my mind wasn’t fully into the run. Unfortunately I missed a turn I was supposed to take and only ran 14.09 instead of 15 miles. Oh well, usually I am OCD and need to do the exact distance, but I figured my tired legs would thank me tomorrow!

After my long run, I trained a client and had planned to call Greg when I was done to figure out what we were doing for lunch. He ended up calling me and asking if I wanted him to pick me up so we could go to the New Balance outlet store. Yes please!! We each had a coupon for 40 percent off that expired today so there was a little added encouragement to shop. I found a pair of capris, a pair of shorts, and a new gym back for 30 bucks total!

After our trip to New Balance, we drove to Central and took the red line into Park Street to get some lunch. We ended up at the Parish Cafe on Boylston. We each ordered a sandwich and I was STARVING so I was happy we didn’t have to wait too long. 

After lunch we slowly walked up Boylston to Mass Ave to catch the bus back to Central sq. We headed home and Greg went to the gym and I cleaned a bit at home and relaxed.

We are now making dinner, actually  Greg is making dinner and I am watching the rest of Crazy, Stupid, Love which I fell asleep during on Fri night!
Hope you had a great weekend everyone! Its supposed to be beautiful this week. We are off to DC the end of the week to run the RnR USA half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment