Popular Posts

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lets get caught up

Hi everyone,


I know its been a few months since I blogged. I took some time to get my running back in order, and to get my health back in order as well. I'm sure not all of you wanted to read about my Doctor appointments and blood draws and my minimal running here and there, so I took some time away.

Lets get caught up shall we?


I am back to running and enjoying every step. I've ran a few races in the past few months including a couple 5ks and a half marathon last month. The half was nothing spectacular, I hadn't really trained, and busted through 13.1 miles in Swanzy NH with my great running friend Stacy.

I have finally solved ( i think/hope) all of my anemia issues. It turns out I have Celiacs Disease. This was a surprise but it makes sense with my unexplained anemia. Going gluten free has been tough. I would be lieing if I said I have embraced the concept with open arms. I have had my fair share of tears, and tantrums as I have tried to figure out what has gluten in it and what things I can substitute my previous carb heavy diet for. I will be sure to get more in depth with this soon, but for now, I would welcome any and ALL helpful suggestions or recipes!!

On a side note, I just signed up for this awesome cause - Huricane Sandy Recovery Its a virtual race for a 10 dollar donation. I can't wait to get out there and race this month! I just also signed up for Wolf Hollow Half Marathon . It should be chilly, but a ton of fun!!


Happy running!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're feeling better and getting healthy!! And I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to determine what is gluten free and what isn't. I know there are several blogs written by gluten free runners and you might be able to find some good recipes on there. (I think one has Celiac in the name of the blog.) I'm so glad you signed up for the virtual race, too!!! AND I'm glad you're back to blogging :).

    ReplyDelete