Popular Posts

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Beautiful November weekend

Hey everyone,

This weekend was a blast. Friday I headed down to see my amazing sister and her boyfriend in CT. We had very little planned, and just spent the day and night talking, making dinner, and relaxing. My sister just moved into a beautiful new apartment. Its huge compared to their last place, and I fell in love with it instantly!!

After I got home yesterday afternoon, I ran a few errands, and ended up back on our couch completely wiped out by 6:30pm. I learned it tough when you have new diet restrictions, and no food in the house. Greg had eaten a huge lunch while I was driving back from CT so he wasn't hungry when dinner time rolled around. He came up with a bunch of suggestions and offered to go out to dinner knowing that I had to find gluten-free options. Any reasonable girl would have loved that her boyfriend was going to all of this effort to feed her, I was not that reasonable girl. I was hungry, I was tired, and I was annoyed that I had to pay attention to a menu for more than 5 seconds to find something to eat. I chose to make a grilled cheese on Udis bread ( awesome for all of you gluten-free lovers out there)  and a banana cut up with peanut butter. It wasn't fancy, but it did make me feel better.

We watched Clue the movie before I headed to bed early.

This morning I woke up and embraced the warmer weather ( 49 when I left the house) and headed out on a long run with Stacy. 8 miles later I made it home. Our run felt great, and we explored a part of the bike path in Arlington I had never been on.

After our run, I got ready and headed out to brunch with Greg, Matt and some friends. I knew I couldn't have the potatoes or the bread that came with my omelet so I ordered greek yogurt with granola to go with it. Unfortunately for me, I forgot that granola is not gluten-free. Darn. I remembered about half way though and decided to call it a wash and finish it. Baby steps....baby steps.


Now we are relaxing before heading out to see Skyfall. Has anyone else seen it? Loved it? Liked it?

No comments:

Post a Comment