Popular Posts

Monday, May 7, 2012

Dr Seuss words of wisdom

I wish I could say I came up with these all on my own, but I didnt. I saw this online and loved it. I thought I would share it for a happy Monday post! Enjoy :)

Lesson 1: Don’t put off a run until tomorrow that you can do today.
How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?


Lesson 2: Your effort, even one mile, never goes unrewarded.
You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.


Lesson 3: When life gets complicated take a deep breath, get out there, and run!
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.

Lesson 4: Don’t let obstacles get you down, face them head on.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Lesson 5: If you think today’s run was amazing, wait until you put on your shoes tomorrow. The next adventure is right around the corner.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.

Lesson 6: When your brain tells your body to stop, don’t let your feet listen.
And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!

Lesson 7: Don’t be intimated by the starting line or your anticipated training mileage.
Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So… get on your way.
Lesson 8: Don’t be afraid of trying something new (a routine, route, race distance, or a new form of cross-training)
If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good!

Lesson 9: Running is a solitary sport, and only you can push yourself to the next level.
All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot

Lesson 10: When you hit a roadblock physically or mentally, remember that it happens to every runner.
I’m sorry to say so but, sadly it’s true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you

Lesson 11: When non-runners tell you that your running is crazy, just smile.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.

Lesson 12: Most importantly… never, ever give up on your goals.
If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.

No comments:

Post a Comment