Popular Posts

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Alright Iron, I'm ready when you are.

Hey everyone!
Happy Thursday!! Its beautiful here. The sun is shining, and everything is nice and green since we have had nothing but rain for the past 3 days. I love this time of year.

I was supposed to get my blood taken on Tuesday during my infusion but they decided to give it one more week before they check out my iron situation. I was a little bummed since I had previously decided that once I knew my iron levels I would give myself permission to start running again.  I'm not sure if this is a smart choice, but I thought it sounded like a good plan. I'm hoping my doctors will agree,

Since i have no idea if I can really run yet, I have filled my running void by registering and researching races from June through November.

Lets just say there are some really fun sounding races just waiting for me to sign up for them. They are calling me name and waiting patiently until I hit the "register" button.

Some of these races include:

Stratton Faxton half marathon - June 24th - possibly?

Falmouth road race -Aug 12th ( I registered for the lottery)

Smuttynose Rockfest half marathon -Sept 30th

CHaD  half marathon  - Oct 20th - registered.

Philly Half Marathon - Nov 18th.

I have high hopes for my return to running and I am really excited to see what my body full or iron can accomplish!

Aside from running ( or non-running) news, yesterday was Matts birthday! We celebrated with cake and lots of brownies. It was a success.

I'm heading home tomorrow to celebrate a belated Mothers Day for the weekend. My sister is heading home too and it should be a fun weekend. Its been a while since we were both home at the same time. Its also supposed to be a beautiful weekend up in VT so I'm pretty excited.

Tonight is family dinner and I'll be sure to chat more about that tomorrow.

Also, if anyone has any computer suggestions I am hoping to look this weekend!
Have a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment