Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, New Goals

Hey everyone,

So its no secret I havent been the best at keeping up with this blog. For a while I was great at it and had fun, and then this summer life started to get alittle crazy. I was busy, I was traveling, and I was trying to get to the bottom of this anemia issue. Since then I have started a new job, I am enrolled in classes for grad school, and I have created some wonderful fun and hopefully rewarding goals for myself for 2013.

So here it goes...

* Blog more - Yes, I want to get back into blogging. I have found some really wonderful people through blogs and its also a great way for me to decompress and think about my day or week and what I have done or learned.

*Keep track of my running mileage - I didn't do this much after July and I want to make it a goal again. I found that when I keep track of what and when I run I end up increasing my speed and motivation.

*Do at least one kind thing for someone every day- I dont want this to be something kind that I do as part of my work, or school or relationship. I want this to be something special. I want to be able to share something kind once a day either with a stranger, a friend, or a co-worker. No strings attached.

*Get back into lifting weights - I was great at this until May, and then I fell off the lifting bandwagon. I think adding strength exercises back into my routine will not only be great for my running, but also my mental endurance.

*Take (and post) more pictures. - I have a wonderful camera, I just never remember to take it out at social gatherings or even to take out the black memory card out of the camera and put it into my computer.

* Try new foods - I have done this in the past, but especially with my new food journey ( hello Celiacs) I want to become more comfortable with trying new recipes, foods, and restaurants.

*On the same note as above, I want to make an effort not to cry, get frustrated, or pout when I cant have a certain food - Alright, this is a big one. I have been known in the past to cry in a public place once or twice when I read a menu and there was little to nothing on it I could have. This is silly and immature and I am going to try my very best to get past this and look on the bright side of the things that I CAN have. Celiacs is not the worst thing in the world, and most restaurants are very accommodating I just have to join in.

*Meal plan more - Greg and I used to do this ALL THE TIME. We got lazy with it for a while, but have started it again and its great. It saves us money and almost always tastes better than take out!

*Spend more time with family - This means even if its not exactly easy to do so. I need to make more effort and plan ahead so I am sure to see my parents and sister as often as possible. I really miss them and as I become busier that's when I  notice I miss them the most.

*Include Greg in more of my decisions - This might sound a little strange, but I have a wonderful habit of just agreeing to do something  like run a race somewhere, go home for the weekend, or sub an extra class and then telling Greg after the fact. This isn't always a big deal, but when it interferes with time we could spend together during a busy work week or a busy month I need to include him in the DECISION process, not just the "oh, hey did I tell you I am going to do this?"

Well, there you have it. I'm not going to post goals like " make sure to put lotion on my face" or "keep my side of the bedroom clutter free" because those are things that I think know eventually I will make into a habit. My goals are based on things I want and need to do to make myself a better person for the new year.


Happy 2013 everyone!!! I hope its a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment