Popular Posts

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Let's do this

Hey everyone. I took a little time away to rest, relax, and do what I needed to get healthy and full of iron. I am proud to say I am back stronger and happier than I was even a month ago! I have spent the last month going to doc apts and trying to figure out the source of my anemia. So far, there is no one reason for it but I am doing my best to take care of my body and give it al of the iron I can. I'm living down in ct for the summer working until aug 11th. I go home to Boston most weekends and so far have had a wonderful time, I am living with my sister and her boyfriend which is really fun. The big news is that I ran my first race since march yesterday. It was called four on the forth in new Canaan ct. I didn't go into the race with much in the way of expectations. I have definetly been running faster since I have iron in my system now. I am happily running in the 8:40 range so I figured a time goal of 35-36 min would be manageable. It was a smal race so there was no start line of finishers shoot, there were no timing strips on my race bib, or thing to attach to my shoe. I waiting in the road with the other 200-300 people running the race and when the horn blared we were off! There were no mile markers and it was an out and back course. I made the decision not to look at my watch and try to run by feel. It was a nice course, but rolling hills. I actually like rolling hills. I feel I do best on courses that have some hills. I ran by feel and really felt good. I knew I was pushing my pace, but I also had no concept of how far I had gone until I hit the turn around point at 2 miles. I was pushing it and holding my pace until 3.4 miles. At 3.4 miles something happened that I have never had happen before. I threw up. It was quick and pretty painless and I knew it was coming. I threw up on the side of the road and continued on my way. Sorry if this is an over share, but it was such a crazy thing to have happen I thought I would share. I don't think I threw up due to exeersion, I think it was due to my pre-race fuel of a cut up banana mixed with peanut butter. Not my normal pre-race meal, and I don't think it ever will be. The great news is, that even though the race started at 9am, and it was already 73 degrees out, and I threw up, I got a pr! I ran my 4 miles in 31:48. I was thrilled! I am back and feeling great! I can't wait to see what else I can do! I'm headed to vt tomorrow after work, so I'll be back to blogging this weekend. Happy 5th of July everyone. I love the month of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment